Sermon Text: Acts 11:1-18
I suspect that MOST of you here today are law-abiding citizens of the State of Florida and of the United States of America. In fact … I’m sure that I could pretty much assume that ALL of you ARE law-abiding citizens of Florida and the United States. OR ARE YOU?! Did you know that it’s against the law in Florida…
- To sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit?
- For men to be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown?
- For women to fall asleep under a hair dryer? And the salon owner can be fined as well.
- For unmarried women to parachute on Sunday or you might risk being arrested, fined, and/or even going to jail?
- To (break wind) in a public place after 6 pm? Hey … that is on the books!
- To shower naked? Anybody guilty?
Wouldn’t you just love to know how those laws came about?…Read full sermon here (PDF)