Sermon Text: Luke 12:13-21
- Charles Schwab, chairman of Bethlehem Steel, died broke.
- Jesse Livermore, the most “wondrous of the boy wonders” of Wall Street, committed suicide.
- ichard Whitney, president of the New York Stock Exchange, served time in Sing Sing for grand larceny and was blotted out of the “Who’s Who.”
- Albert Fall, Secretary of the Interior in Harding’s cabinet, spent time in prison for accepting a bribe and was later pardoned from prison in order that he might die at home.
- Leon Fraser, director of the World Bank for Settlements, took his own life.
- Howard Hopson, president of the Associated Gas and Electric utility empire, had been in prison for mail fraud charges, and died in a sanitarium.
- Ivar Krueger, head of International Match Corporation, known as “The Match King”, died of suicide or was murdered. The truth was never known.