Sermon Text: Psalm 33:1-22
Here is some of America’s craziness.
Someone wrote these interesting words entitled, “Only in America.”
- Only in America can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
- Only in America are there handicap-parking places in front of a skating rink.
- Only in America do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions, while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
- Only in America do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a DIET coke.
- Only in America do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our junk in the garage. Hello.
- Only in America do we use answering machines to screen calls and have call waiting so we won’t miss a call from someone we didn’t want to talk to in the first place.
- Only in America do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight. ... Read full sermon here (PDF)